Threads are internal, meaning only your team will be able to see them in OpenPhone. Threads let you:
Comment internally on any messages, calls, call recordings, and voicemail with a contact
Create action items for yourself or your team; anyone on your team can mark specific comments as resolved after finishing
How to create threads from the desktop or web app
1. Click the message, call, call recording, or voicemail you wish to comment on.
2. A pop up menu will appear. Select the chat icon.
3. Type out your comment and send it when you're done.
Whether you create action items after a call or assign a task to a teammate, you and anyone on your team (with access to that OpenPhone number) can also mark specific comments as resolved. To mark a comment as resolved, click "..." above the comment and select "Mark as resolved".
How to create threads from the mobile app
Here's how to add a thread from the OpenPhone iOS or Android app:
1. Tap the message, call, call recording, or voicemail you wish to comment on.
2. Select "Comment in internal thread".
3. Type your comment under "Reply internally..." and send it when you're done.
If your teammates tag you in a thread you can view their comments in context by clicking "Activity" on the bottom menu. Then long tap the specific activity.
You can also mark comments on the mobile app. To mark a comment as resolved, select the comment. Then click the upper right corner of the screen and tap "Mark thread as resolved".