Been a while since your last chat? Stop scrolling! We have a search tool for that.
Searching from the web or desktop app
1. Launch the OpenPhone web app.
2. Select "Contacts" on the upper left side of the screen.
3. Type in the name or company of your contact in the search bar that appears at the top of the page.
4. A list will appear of relevant matches.
5. Click to select a specific contact.
6. Below the contact's name, click the message 📞 icon to call that contact or the 💬 icon to text them.
⭐ Note: You'll need to have the right phone number selected under "Inboxes" to search for conversations with a specific contact. Having trouble keeping track of which inbox contains conversations with a contact? Consider adding a note to that contact including which OpenPhone number you've been using to communicate with them.
Searching from the iOS or Android app
Launch the OpenPhone app.
From the home page, press the search icon 🔍 in the upper right corner.
Type in the name, number, or company of your contact.
A list will appear of relevant matches. Select the contact you'd like to contact.
Here is a visual of how this looks from an iPhone:
Still can't find the conversation you're looking for? Check in the "Done" inbox, it could be hiding in there. 👀
That's it! Do you have further questions or feedback? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're here to help and love hearing from you.
Don't have the app yet? Get OpenPhone today!