OpenPhone pricing is transparent and fair.
- For our standard plan, each OpenPhone user is $10 per user per month billed annually (or $13 per user billed monthly). You (also known as “Customer” in our Terms of Service) can learn more about our Standard plan here.
- For our premium plan, each OpenPhone user is $20 per user per month billed annually (or $25 per user billed monthly). You can learn more about our Premium plan here.
- Each user comes with one assigned phone number. For each additional phone number that exceeds your team's total number of users, it's $5 per month.
- If you're adding a new number during your subscription period, we prorate the new number's charges. This way, you're not paying full price for only a partial subscription period.
How can I manage my subscription?
Any OpenPhone workspace owner or admin can manage your subscription from the "Plan & billing" within your Workspace settings. There such a user will be able to see:
- Upcoming invoices - see when and how much your next payment will be and a breakdown of your subscription(s).
- Payment methods - see how you're paying and update the credit card you want to use to pay your invoices.
- Receipts - find and download receipts from the last 10 billing periods. Receipts are also sent to the email address on file with Stripe. Need older receipts? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancel subscription - as much as we don't want to see you go, we make it easy to cancel. We do hope to see you back, though!
How long is the subscription?
We offer a monthly subscription as well as an annual option. To switch from monthly to annual (or vice versa):
1. Click "Settings" from the left-hand menu of the web or desktop app.
2. Under "Workspace", select "Plan & billing".
3. Click "Change your plan" and select your desired plan.
How do pre-paid credits work
Owners and admins of your plan (“Workspace”) can purchase pre-paid credits on your account that can be applied towards:
Credits will be deducted from your account’s credit balance on a per-usage basis. Each country has different rates for calling and messaging. For more information, please check out our international calling/messaging rates pricing page. If you send automated messages via Zapier, there will be an additional charge of $0.01/per message sent.
How adding new members affects your current billing period
When you add new users part of the way into the billing period, we calculate the prorated cost and bill you immediately whether you pay monthly or annually by credit card unless otherwise stated in an Order Form.
How does removing members or lines affect your current billing period
OpenPhone automatically detects if users or lines are removed. If that happens, we'll add prorated credits* to your OpenPhone account. Those credits will be applied toward future payments, such as new members and lines being added to your workspace or your next renewal date.
*Note: Credits have no currency or exchange value, are non-transferable and non-refundable, and will expire upon the termination of your paid OpenPhone plan. These credits can't be applied towards international calling or messaging and Zapier-initiated text messages.
How can I update my subscription?
No need to reach out to customer support in order to add more to your subscription (unless you need us - we're always here to help!)
Have any inquires about billing or your subscription? Reach out to us - we are happy to help.