What is a shared phone number? A shared number allows multiple people on your team to be able to call and text from a single number. That way, you can team up on customer communications with your team. Delegate tasks and responsibilities among your team members and stay on the same page easily.
Learn more about how shared numbers work by watching the video below.
How can I use shared numbers?
There are many ways a shared phone number can be useful for you:
Support phone number
Inbound sales number
Main phone number for the company
Separate number for VIP customers that's shared by the founders
Being able to invite your assistant to your number to help respond to folks
Is there a use case you are excited about? Let us know at email@example.com.
How does it work?
1. When you get a call, the app rings for everyone. The first person to pick up stops ringing for others. You can place concurrent calls so the number is never busy.
2. All messages, voicemail and call history are synced so you know if a conversation was opened.
3. Every message clearly shows the team member who sent it.
4. You can see when a team member is typing in a conversation.
5. Your business address book is shared with everyone sharing the number so if someone adds the name of a customer, all team members will have it on OpenPhone.
6. If you or your teammates leave internal comments to any messages, calls, or voicemail, anyone with access to that shared number will be able to view and reply in the thread.
7. Up to 10 users can call and text from a single phone number with our Standard plan. On our Premium plan, up to 100 users on your team can call and text from one number.
8. Up to 10 people on your team can receive incoming calls at a time. Want to distribute calls to more than 10 people in batches using round-robin distribution? Learn how to set that up here.
What's the pricing like?
Our pricing is simple and transparent. We've created it specifically to be affordable and grow with your needs.
For our standard plan, each OpenPhone user is $10/user/mo. You can learn more about our standard plan here.
For our premium plan, each OpenPhone user is $25/user/mo. You can learn more about our premium plan here.
Each user comes with one phone number assignment. For each additional phone number, it's $5 per month.
You can learn more about what features are included in our plans on our Pricing page.
How can I invite team members to share my number?
Enter your colleague's email right here in your OpenPhone admin dashboard. You'll be able to specify their role and pick the phone number you want them to have access to.
Learn more about inviting your team to OpenPhone in our guide, How to invite team members to OpenPhone.
That's it! Have any questions? Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.