Use HubSpot for your sales, marketing, or customer support? Want to call directly out of HubSpot using your OpenPhone number?
Now you're able to use HubSpot's call logging and recording features while using your outgoing OpenPhone number on the caller ID. In this article, I'll show you how.
How to set up your OpenPhone number in HubSpot
1. Log into your HubSpot account.
2. Select the Contacts dropdown in the upper-left corner of the page and choose "Contacts".
3. Click on the name of a specific contact.
4. In the center panel, select the "Calls" tab and then click "Make a phone call". (You can also complete this step by clicking the "Call" icon in the left panel).
5. Click "Add your phone number".
6. From here, you'll be prompted to add your OpenPhone number. Input your number, choose SMS message, and then select "Text me".
7. You should receive a 6-digit verification in your OpenPhone number. Copy this number into the verification box on HubSpot.
8. Voila! You can now make calls on HubSpot using your OpenPhone number.
Making a call in HubSpot using your OpenPhone number
1. Once your number is configured, select the specific contact that you would like to call.
2. On the left-hand panel, click the "Call" icon.
3. From here, click "Call from browser" to call directly from your browser.
You're now able to make calls directly from HubSpot using your OpenPhone number. This should record the history of your calls in HubSpot but not in OpenPhone.
Note: These calls will cost HubSpot minutes.
If you wish to call your HubSpot contacts without using your HubSpot call minutes, you'll need to first make OpenPhone the default app for calling on your computer. Then select a contact in HubSpot and hover over their phone number. You'll see a share icon you can click that will then give you the option to call that number in OpenPhone.
After clicking the popup, you'll be taken to the OpenPhone desktop app where you can click "Call" to dial that number.
Use HubSpot but not OpenPhone? Try OpenPhone today!
If you have any other questions, please submit a request here. We're happy to help!