Unable to immediately respond to missed calls or voicemails? Or maybe you're receiving calls and texts after your business hours? With auto-replies, you can automatically respond with a text message to keep in touch with those who contacted you.
Auto-replies are a great way to respond to missed calls or voicemails left during business hours. They can also help set expectations for calls and messages received outside of your business hours.
In this guide, we'll cover how to set up auto-replies and some common use cases!
Which app can I set up auto-replies on?
You can set up auto-replies on the web or desktop app.
Setting up auto-replies from the web or desktop app
1. Click "Settings" ⚙️ on the left-hand menu.
2. Under "Workspace", select "Phone Numbers". If you have multiple phone numbers, be sure to select the number that you want to set up auto-replies on.
3. Scroll to the Auto-Replies section and set up your auto-replies.
What can I use auto-replies for?
During business hours:
- Incoming text messages
Outside of business hours:
Missed calls received after hours
Missed voicemails received after hours
Text messages received after hours
Items to note on auto-replies
- We don't send an automated message to the same number more than once every 3 hours. So if your customer calls you 5 times in a 3-hour period, we only send one message, not 5. Additionally, we don't send an auto-reply text out if you call or message someone and they reply back to you minutes later. This way, your customers won't be annoyed by automated messages. :)
- Need inspiration? Check out our guide covering 20 auto-reply examples.
- Check out Zaps other OpenPhone customers use to automate text messages.