Need to call or message contacts outside of the US or Canada? Well, now you can!
Note: You won't be able to call or message internationally during the free trial. If you wish to end the trial early you can at any time by visiting the "Billing" section of your workspace settings.
Enabling international calling and messaging
To enable international calling and messaging on your account, the account owner or admin must go into the account settings (using the web or desktop app):
1. On the left side panel, click on "Settings".
2. Under "Workspace", click on "Phone Numbers".
3. Click the specific phone number that you'd like to update.
4. Under the "General" section, scroll down to "International calling and messaging".
5. Toggle the switch to enable international calling messaging on the selected phone number.
Please keep in mind that each country has different rates for calling and messaging. For more information, please check out our international calling/messaging rates pricing page.
Calls and texts to international numbers will be deducted from the credits on your account on a per-usage basis.
Note: Owners and admins users of the workspace can add credits to the account. If you're a member, please ask your admin or owner of the organization to add credits.
How to add credit to cover international calling and messaging
1. On the left side panel, click "Settings".
2. Under "Workspace", click "Plan & billing".
3. From the billing page, scroll down and click "Buy Credits" to purchase credits to cover international calls and texts.
Voila! You're now ready to make an international call or text!
Note: International credits are not available for OpenPhone accounts using their billing information from the iOS App Store. To add credits, you'll need to first switch your billing to a credit or debit card.
If you have any other questions, please submit a request here. We're happy to help!