Do you have multiple OpenPhone numbers but only really need to answer calls or texts on one? No problem!
You can mute whichever number(s) that you don't need to receive notifications for. Awesome, right?Here's how it works:
Muting a number blocks you from receiving any incoming notifications on that number.
You can still use the number for making calls or sending texts.
Muting a shared number will not affect your teammate's notifications - they will still receive calls and texts to that number!
How to mute your phone number(s) in the web or Mac app
1. Go to the web app or launch the Mac app.
2. On the left-hand menu, locate the phone numbers assigned to you.
3. Hover over the phone number that you'd like to mute. Then click "...".
4. Select 🌙 "Mute".
5. From here, choose how long you'd like the number to be muted for.
How to mute your phone number(s) in the iOS or Android app
1. Select your account icon in the upper left-hand corner.
2. Click "Manage" next to "Your numbers".
3. Tap "Off" next to "Mute phone number".
4. Select how long you'd like the number to be muted for.
That's it! You should now have all calls and notifications for that number muted for your account.
Ever need to unmute your numbers? Well, that's even easier!
While your numbers should automatically unmute at the conclusion of your chosen mute duration, if you ever want to unmute your phone number earlier, please follow these steps.
Unmuting on the web or Mac app
1. Hover over the number and click on "...".
2. Select 🌙 "Unmute".
Unmuting on the iOS or Android app
1. Launch the iOS or Android app.
2. Select your account icon in the upper left-hand corner.
3. Click "Manage" and choose the respective number you'd like to unmute.
4. Select "Mute phone numbers" then choose "Turn off".
Watch the video below to learn more about managing OpenPhone notifications.
PS - Don't have OpenPhone yet? Get it today and experience the power of OpenPhone for your business.