Why limit yourself to one phone number if you can have two or more?
Whether it's having a separate number for sales and support or serving customers in different cities or states, we've got you covered!
How to add a phone number to your OpenPhone account
1. Go to the OpenPhone web app.
2. Under "Settings", select "Phone Numbers"
3. Click "+ Add a new number"
4. Select your number. You can search by the city name, area code, and whether you'd like a toll-free number.
To add an inbox name and emoji to a number:
1. Open ⚙️"Settings" from the left-hand menu.
2. Under "Workspace", click "Phone Numbers"
3. Select the number you would like to name (or rename)
4. Under “Symbol & Name”, type in the name you'd like to change the inbox name to.
5. Add an emoji to the left of the name you enter.
If you have multiple numbers, the emoji you select for a specific number will show with incoming calls to your mobile device.
When you get an incoming call from the web or desktop app, you'll see that number's inbox name and emoji.
How much do additional phone numbers cost?
- Each OpenPhone user comes with 1 phone number out of the gate. For each additional phone number, it's $5 per month.
- If you're adding a new phone number in the middle of your subscription period, we prorate the new number's charges. This way, you're not paying full price for only a partial service period.
⭐️ Note: If you're paying OpenPhone through Apple or Google Play, you won't be able to add an additional number yourself. We'll need to move you over to credit card payments. Don't worry - it's easy. Please submit a request here. We're happy to help!
Changed your mind about a phone number and want to delete it? All good! How to delete your OpenPhone number.