Seeing Instagram profiles that include the option to call or text them and wondering how that's possible? Here's how to add your OpenPhone number to Instagram so that customers can call or text your business phone number (instead of your personal number).
Adding your phone number to Instagram
1. Go to your Instagram profile and tap Edit Profile
2. You'll need to have a Professional or Business Instagram account to be able to add your phone number to Instagram. To switch, you can scroll down and tap "Switch to Professional Account".
If you already have a Professional or Business Instagram account, tap "Contact Options" under "Public Business Information" (This will appear as "Profile Information" if you have a Professional Instagram account).
3. Add your OpenPhone number as the phone number and specify whether you want anyone on Instagram to be able to either call or text you under "How would like you to be reached?"
When you're finished entering your number and contact option, tap "Done".
4. Tap "Profile Display" under "Public Business Information" (This will appear as "Profile Information" if you have a Professional Instagram account).
5. Toggle on "Display contact info". Then hit "Done".
That's it! Once you add your phone number, the option to call or text will appear directly under your profile description.
Get a second number with OpenPhone
Haven't tried OpenPhone yet? Instead of including your personal phone number on Instagram, you can use OpenPhone to receive calls or texts on a second number while still using the same device. See for yourself how it works and try out OpenPhone free for seven days.
If you have any other questions, please submit a request here. We're happy to help!