Recording your calls is easy in the OpenPhone web and mobile apps app and just requires the click of one button. Call recordings are easily shared with all your teammates that have access to that number.
Here's how to easily record your calls!
How to record calls in the web or desktop app
1. Whenever you make or receive a call, the call menu pops up on your screen. It defaults to the bottom right-hand side of your screen; however, you can move this wherever you like.
2. To record a specific call, press the record button ⏺️ on the call menu.
How to record calls in the iOS and Android app
1. Answer or make a call on either of the mobile apps.
2. Press the "Record" button to start recording the call.
Here's what it looks like in the Android (left) and iOS (right) apps.
You can find the call recording inside the conversation thread with your contact. There you have the option to playback, download, or delete any call recording (the delete option is available to owner or admin users only).
How to auto-record all calls
Don't want to hit record every time? Then turn on the "auto-record" feature.
1. Go to "Phone Numbers" in your Workspace settings.
2. Select the phone number where you want all the calls to be recorded (your team's shared number, for example).
3. Scroll down, and hit the "Auto-record calls" switch.
Auto-record is number specific, so it will record all calls to your number whether the call is on the web or the mobile apps.
Please note that you can only turn on the auto-record feature in the web or desktop app.
Note: You must notify the person you're talking to that you'd like to record the call before you start recording. You'll be on the right side of the law when you give them the opportunity to opt out of having the conversation recorded.
Learn more about how to legally record phone calls on our blog.
PS - Don't have the app yet? Get OpenPhone today and start making and recording calls right away.