We're excited to share that the OpenPhone for desktop app is here!
In this post, we'll share how to get started with the Windows or macOS desktop app. We'll also share some handy tips to make your experience as smooth as possible.
Note: We plan on releasing the desktop app for Linux very soon. To join the wait-list, fill out this form.
How to install the Windows desktop app
- Click here to download the OpenPhone desktop app for Windows.
- Select the downloaded .exe file to begin installation.
- Click on the Windows toolbar and select "OpenPhone" under the recently added apps to sign in and get started using the desktop app.
How to install the Mac desktop app
2. The download should start automatically. Once finished, click-and-drag the OpenPhone desktop image into the Applications folder.
4. From your Applications folder, launch the OpenPhone app. You might be asked if you really want to open a file downloaded from the Internet (yes).
5. Move the OpenPhone app icon to your dock for easy access.
6. Sign in and start using it!
How to reload the Mac app
If the app gets into a bad state and you're not getting new information coming in, a reload might be needed. Please let us know if you run into this case often, that means we've got work to do.
Enter Command + R or click Reload via the View menu.
Once the desktop app is installed, you can also so you can click to call when visiting most websites. We hope you love the new desktop app. Send us a note at with any questions, feedback or just to say hi!