Analytics (also known as team analytics, reporting, insights, number data, etc) provides an in-depth look at all of the numbers and users in your organization.
With access to this data, you can use real-time metrics to track trends and make data-driven decisions. With this information, you can:
Charge contacts based on length of conversation (especially important for lawyers)
Monitor service level agreements
Track call and text volume over time
Find out what are the busiest times for your team
Better train your teammates (e.g. sales or customer support teams)
And so much more!
Analytics is offered to all users on the Premium plan. For more information on the premium plan, view our guide here. All the analytics captured while you're under a Standard plan will even be available when you . 🔥
Accessing the analytics dashboard
To access your analytics dashboard, click "Analytics" on the top left-hand side of the desktop app. If you're using the web app, just go here.
From here, you can view:
Total number of incoming and outgoing messages
Total number of unique conversations
Total number of incoming (filtered by answered, missed call, etc) and outgoing calls
Total number of minutes spent on the phone
As well as:
Activity breakdown per user over time via a bar graph that shows the total number of activities (sent message, answered incoming call, outgoing call)
A heat-map of activities per hour per day over a specific time period
All of the above information can be filtered by:
Week vs Day
Over a specific time period (Today, last 7 days, 4 weeks, 3 months, 12 months, MtD, QtD, YtD, or Custom)
Note: Keep in mind Owners and Admin can view the analytics for every number on a team's OpenPhone account. Members can only view the analytics for phone numbers that they are assigned to.
Downloading call and message logs
You can also download call and message logs from the Analytics section containing 24 data points per activity such as:
- who on your team answers specific calls and texts
- duration of calls
- what phone numbers call or messages your team
- when calls and messages occur
- calls, messages, and voicemail by status
Click "Export" up top to download the CSV file.
Status breakdown for calls and messages
Once you export your call and message log, you'll see a data point called "status". This data point will give you insight into the state of the call or message. Here's a breakdown of the different types of statuses you may be presented with:
- Completed: Completed incoming or outgoing calls (you can see the direction of the call under the "direction" data point)
- Missed: Missed incoming or outgoing calls
- Ringing: Outgoing call that was hung up right away (notice that there is no duration for calls with this status)
- Cancelled: Abandoned incoming call
- Received: Message that was received
- Delivered: Outgoing message that was delivered
- Undelivered: Outgoing message that was not delivered
Wish there was anything else on your analytics dashboard? Give us some feedback and let us know how we can improve. Send all feedback and questions by submitting a request here!