Using OpenPhone’s Zapier integration, you can connect your phone with thousands of applications.
We'll show you how to get started and what's possible. But first, let's go over a brief overview of Zapier. If you're a Zapier pro, you can skip the next bit.
Zapier is a workflow automation tool that connects to and moves information between different applications you use.
So instead of manually copying and pasting information between spreadsheets and your email marketing tool, for example, you can create Zapier workflows (or Zaps) to do that work automatically. Neat, eh?
Every Zap has a trigger and an action:
A trigger is an event that you’re waiting for in order to execute a workflow.
An action is an event Zapier performs after the workflow is triggered.
Zapier connects with 3,000+ tools. This means that there’s an infinite number of workflows you can create.
If you want to see Zapier in action, watch our demo below.
How do I set up the Zapier integration?
2. Navigate to "My Apps" from the top menu bar.
3. Click on "Add connection".
4. Search for "OpenPhone".
5. Use your credentials to connect your OpenPhone account to Zapier (you'll need to be an owner or admin user in OpenPhone to be able to set up the Zapier integration).
6. Success! You can now start creating OpenPhone automation.
When you make a Zap, you'll be able to see OpenPhone both as a trigger and as an action.
What's possible with the OpenPhone Zapier integration?
Here are the triggers and actions that are available in OpenPhone.
Incoming message received. Triggers when you receive a message on OpenPhone.
Outgoing message delivered. Triggers when an outbound message was delivered to the recipients.
Incoming call completed. Triggers when an incoming call is completed. If the call is not picked up by you, the answeredAt field will be null. If the user leaves a voicemail, you will get the recording and transcription on the same object.
Outgoing call completed. Triggers when an outgoing call has ended.
Call recording completed. Triggers when a call recording has been generated.
Create or update contact. Creates a contact or updates an existing contact.
Send a message. Sends a new message via OpenPhone.
Popular use cases
Here are a couple of examples of Zaps we use ourselves.
1. When someone fills out a Typeform survey, this Zap adds them to our OpenPhone address book. Then sends them a confirmation text message.
2. When you register for our live demo, we send you a message via OpenPhone.
3. When someone books a demo via Calendly with someone on our sales team, we send them a confirmation message.
Zapier integration is a part of the Starter plan on OpenPhone.
All triggers described here are already included in the OpenPhone Starter plan.
Create or update contact action is included in the OpenPhone Starter plan as well.
Excited to get started? Automate your workflows ⤴️
If you have any other questions, please submit a request here. We're happy to help!